Sunday, March 11, 2012

GOOGLE READER RESPONSE #6

So many great photos were on the different blogs this week, but here are some that I found interesting...

First off is this adorable Coonhound, Maddie photographed by Theron Humphrey,  featured in both LPV and Lenscratch this week.
  


There is a whole tumblr and blog phenomenon associated with these images and Maddie.  Not only is she great at posing, all the images contain a very interesting background/foreground for Maddie to interact with.  Every image is unique, and they are extremely well put together.  Theron Humphrey's work is great after I looked around at his website. I enjoy his over all style and his use of color, his images are all very stylistic with a certain soft mood and tone that comes across. 



 Looking through the blogs, I also found Jessica Auer. Her work relates to a lot of the work I've been producing, or at least trying to produce, for my final project. I like that Flak photo deemed her a "documentary-style landscape photographer". Looking through her other images on her website, I was very intrigued by the beauty of all her different landscape photography, and how vibrant and clear her photos are. This photo below in particular shows the direct relationship of the landscape and development that I've been striving for in my WIP #3.



2 comments:

Dawn Roe said...

Glad that you enjoyed Jessica's work - she is actually a friend of mine and a fellow artist/educator in Montreal. I'd be happy to put you in touch with her if you like. You may be interested in some of her other work as well, which further explores contemporary landscape/use issues. Have a glance at her website - particularly, perhaps, this series: http://www.jessicaauer.com/site/projects/re-creational-spaces-2004-ongoing/

TAYLUHH said...

I saw that work too! Very interesting stuff.