Sunday, February 19, 2012

GOOGLE READER POST #4

This week I stumbled upon Lucas Foglia's work from Flak photo. The title of this series is "Natural Order"






Before I even read about this series, it just was very striking to me.  The images seem to all have a very intriguing narrative content.  After reading what this project is about, the more interested I became in the photos.  Foglia says Natural Order "focuses on Americans who responded to environmental concerns and predictions of economic collapse by leaving cities and suburbs to live off the grid." The situations of these photos become so much more real after you realize the story behind the images.

The interview preceding the images was very informative as well, it described his time in Graduate school studying photography, and his struggles with critiques.  I feel I could relate to the artist since we're currently going through critiques as well.  As Foglia continues to talk about his views on photography and his work, I enjoy how he intends to make a point with his photographs emphasizing a particular issue yet still gets an intimate and meaningful shot.  He says this is because he spends a lot of time in the places and with the people he photographs.

No comments: