Sunday, January 22, 2012

CHAPTER SELECTIONS

After reading through the Wells text, here are my top 3 picks for the chapters:

1.  CHAPTER 2: Documentary
            I'm very interested in travel photography and journalism, so I'm looking forward to learning from this chapter. I'm curious how photojournalism relates to the history unfolding at that time and how the term "documentary" has evolved.

2. CHAPTER 5: Advertising
             As photography has become so wide-spread in our day-to-day culture, it's easy to forget that photographs drive our consumer culture and are at the forefront of advertising campaigns. I'm interested in the ethics of truthful advertising and how that applies to the world of photography.

 3. CHAPTER 7: Photo-Digital Imaging
             Since the introduction mentions that this book is mainly based around the 1990's, I'm curious to read what technological advances were impressive at that time and how things have changed in the technological aspect of photography since the 90's.  Since photography is constantly improving with technology, I wonder what new advances await.

No comments: