Sunday, April 22, 2012

GOOGLE READER #12

This week I was lucky enough to find the work of Korean photographer, Hye-Ryoung Min

I enjoyed her work from the series "Channel 247".  I appreciate the content on this Lenscratch blog, the pictures are interspersed with her comments about the images, and ideas about her work. I think this dialogue  helps the viewer interpret the underlying meanings and connections with the photographs.


The subtle voyeuristic aspect of these photos is what I find so intriguing, I think the viewpoints are interesting and am attracted to how the images are usually looking through something (i.e windows, window panes).  Her ideas of treating her windows as televisions is also intriguing. I think this may stem from her background in fashion photography, which is a whole other level of voyeurism.

No comments: